Fall: The return of pumpkin spiced lattes, scarves, and uggly (sic), yet, insanely comfortable boots.
You know what else returns in fall?
All the good television shows.
Of course, we’ve all been a little spoiled. Multiple streaming services make TV shows available on demand, which is something our Dallas on demand couriers can appreciate. Nobody likes waiting for their TV shows anymore than they like waiting for their same day deliveries.
But unlike our on demand couriers in Dallas, streaming gets a little disappointing during the summertime. As you’ve discovered, summer is notorious for terrible television.
But that’s about to change.
The return of some of your favorite shows, along with a few new ones, starts this month. Here is just a sampling our Dallas on demand delivery team’s favorite shows that are returning this month:
- Outlander (Sept. 10)- For fans of this show who have been waiting over a year for the much anticipated third season, the “droughtlander” is over. The series follows the novels by the same name, and tell the story of a WWII nurse who finds herself transported back to Scotland in the 1700s. Get your kilt on, and get caught up!
- Jerry Before Seinfeld (Sept.19)- Seinfeld’s stand up comedy is back on Netflix. Jerry will be sharing tales of his childhood, as well as stories about his life before he becam the world’s highest paid comedian.
- Star Trek: Discovery (Sept. 24)- Trekkies, it’s been twelve long years since you’ve last seen a Klingon or heard the words, “beam me up, Scottie”. SciFi’s greatest show is back with a reboot with many of the same writers from the original series.
- The Good Doctor (Sept. 25)- House fans might have a new favorite show. Doctor follows the story of a young man with autism and Savant syndrome who is recruited to work for a renowned pediatric hospital as a surgeon.
- Young Sheldon (Sept. 25)- For those who love “The Big Bang Theory”, this spin off follows Sheldon Marks as he enters into high school…four years early. His big brother plays on the football team. His twin sister stays behind in elementary school. And Sheldon is left to figure out life as a young genius in the tough world of high school.
- This is Us (Sept. 26)- If you haven’t watched the first season, stop what you’re doing. Go watch it. The award winning series that grabbed the attention of all of us last fall will be returning for a second season. Let’s hope it holds up to the hype.
- SEAL Team (Sept. 27)- This drama sheds light on the lives of the elite Navy SEALs as they train for some of the most dangerous, and important, missions all over the world.
- Will and Grace (Sept. 28)- Over a decade later, the Will and Grace cast will all return to their respective roles, and shenanigans.
- Scandal (Oct. 5)- While this isn’t coming back until October, it’s still worth talking about. The final season of Scandal will air next month. What kind of crisis will hit Oliva Pope in the final days of this show?
- Stranger Things (Oct. 27)- The Netflix instant classic returns for a second season just in time for Halloween. Will was rescued from The Upside Down last season, but we’re pretty sure he won’t ever be the same. And is Thirteen alive? We’ll have to watch to find out.
Even though our on demand delivery service in Dallas understands the importance of instant gratification, good things are worth waiting for- and this Fall television lineup was definitely worth waiting for!