The unofficial start to summer is just days away.
As Memorial Day rolls around and we kick off one of the best seasons that Dallas has to offer, there are a few things our courier express DFW team would like you to keep in mind.
First and foremost, don’t forget that even as the Texas weather heats up, our courier express DFW team is here to help you keep things cool. Our on demand delivery team is available to you 24/7 to handle your large and small deliveries, as well as your refrigerated transportation.
That’s not all our express delivery Dallas team wants you to remember, though.
Summertime in Texas brings some gorgeous sunsets, long days, and plenty of sunshine, but it also brings about some unique safety concerns. Over the next month, until summer officially kicks off, our express delivery Dallas team will be bringing you a series we’re calling Summer Safety. We’ll highlight just a few of the most important safety concerns here in DFW, and deliver some great tips on keeping your family safe as you head on into this wonderful season.
To kick off the Summer Safety series, our expedited Dallas deliveries team will be touching on one of the staples of summer: Texas barbeque.
Over the Memorial Day weekend, 62% of Americans will light up the barbeque and get grilling! That number probably skyrockets for us Texans- you know how much we love our barbeque. While the barbeque does deliver some of our tastiest cuisines, it also can deliver a great deal of danger.
Each year, 7,000 Americans are injured using backyard barbeques. Annually, 5,700 grill fires occur in America. June and July are the peak months for grilling fires. These accidents cause over $37 million in property losses each year. They even result in death.
As summer and barbeque season hit full force here in North Texas, you’ll want to remember the following BBQ safety tips:
- Keep the grill at least 10 feet away from your house. In fact, the further you can get away, the better. You should never grill under a wood overhang, or in a garage or covered patio.
- Check for gas leaks. The best way to tackle this is to rub soapy water on the hoses. When you turn your grill on, if you notice large bubbles forming on the outside of the hoses, chances are you have a leak.
- Keep your grill open when turning on the gas and when lighting it.
- Clear the area. Keep pets and children at least 3 feet away from the grill. Also check for any flammable items or decorations and remove those, too.
- If you smell gas while cooking, get away from the grill and call the fire department.
- Keep the grill clean. Many times, fatty meats leave residue that can catch fire quickly.
- Never leave the grill unattended. Fires double in size every minute. When you’re grilling, someone has to be nearby at all times.
- Keep a working fire extinguisher close by. This means it can’t be expired and you must know how to use it.
- Never mix grilling with alcohol. The chances for an accident increase exponentially when you’re under the influence.
There’s nothing like summertime here in North Texas! While we hope you avoid emergencies at the grill, our courier express DFW team won’t shy away from your transportation emergencies. If you need a hot shot or on demand delivery, our expedited shipping service Dallas team is available to you any time of day or night to assist you in making your express DFW deliveries happen quickly and conveniently.